The live version of this course has already occurred. To have access to the recording and further resources, please continue to payment and a link will be sent.
General transcription work is defined as transcribing interviews, focus groups, dictations, and so forth that -- unlike medical and legal transcription -- do not require specialized knowledge in order to quickly type the spoken words.
By registering in this course, you will learn the following topics:
What is Transcription?
- Overview of the tasks of a transcriber
- What kinds of jobs are out there?
- Do I need to know how to type?
- What you need to get started
Software & Hardware
- Tech Requirements for Transcribing
- Understand the differences between ExpressScribe, Inqscribe, and other options out there.
- Using a pedal to assist with transcribing
- Online assistants to help you transcribe quicker
- Learn my workflow for transcribing
- How to dissect a client's formatting
- Proofing your finished transcript
How to Find Work
- Ways to find reliable and consistent remote jobs
Through this, Roe will offer to provide test files for practice. That way, you can feel confident and ready to go.