This is the Virtual Transcription Course
Dates: Apr 6th, 2020
Times: 12:30 PM PST to 3:30 PM PST
****By registering, you do not have to attend live. The videos will be recorded and accessible until May 6th, 2020****
Link to join the Webinar will be sent 48 hours prior to the course start time.
General transcription work is defined as transcribing interviews, focus groups, dictations, and so forth that -- unlike medical and legal transcription -- do not require specialized knowledge in order to quickly type the spoken words.
By registering in this course, you will learn the following topics:
What is Transcription?
- Overview of the tasks of a transcriber
- What kinds of jobs are out there?
- Do I need to know how to type?
- What you need to get started
Software & Hardware
- Tech Requirements for Transcribing
- Understand the differences between ExpressScribe, Inqscribe, and other options out there.
- Using a pedal to assist with transcribing
- Online assistants to help you transcribe quicker
- Learn my workflow for transcribing
- How to dissect a client's formatting
- Proofing your finished transcript
How to Find Work
- Ways to find reliable and consistent remote jobs
Through this, Roe will offer to provide test files for practice. That way, you can feel confident and ready to go.