FoundationPlus Course | Feb 16, 23, & Mar 2
This Class is held on THREE Saturdays: Feb 16th, 23rd & March 2nd, 2019.
Continuity, eyelines, and notes, OH MY! The Life of a Script Supervisor. During this Foundations course, you will gain an understanding of the role of a script supervisor, learn the day-to-day tasks, and on set responsibilities to help set up the production and post-production team for success. In these three classes, we will go over the narrative side of script supervising as well as a special class to learn about working on shows that are Live or Live-to-Tape.
February 16th (11am-5pm) will cover working on a traditional narrative project:
- History of the Position
- How to Break Down the Script
- Continuity (screen action, movement, and character/story based)
- That Pesky 180 Degree Line
- Lining the Script, Facing Pages, and Editorial Log
February 23rd (10am-5pm) will cover Live and Live to Tape productions:
- Understanding the various roles on set and the control room
- How to prepare and distribute scripts and rundowns
- Learn what a music breakdown looks like and why it's important
- Creating the editorial log
- A Mock production will be created during this class and everybody will have a chance to practice what is taught.
March 2nd (11am-5pm) will dive deeper into the traditional narrative script supervising including options of going digital, how to handle situations on set, and end with a mock set to practice. We will go overhow get working as a Script Supervisor.
Small snacks, treats and water will be provided at each session.